VIRUS ALERT

  • IrenesBooks@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 1999
      I just received the following alert from my supervisors at AOL:

      Please be advised...

      IBM and AOL have been informed of a new virus - WOBBLER. It will
      arrive on e-mail titled CALIFORNIA!!

      IBM and AOL have announced that it is very powerful, more so than
      Melissa, there is no remedy, yet. It will eat all your information on the hard
      drive and also destroys Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
      Do not open anything with this title and please pass this message on to
      all your contacts and anyone who uses your e-mail facility. Not many
      people know about this, yet, so propagate this email as fast as possible.