Re: tribute money in 1st century Roman Empire

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 20, 2001
      I have posted your query on the Ancient/Classical History Forum,
      http://forums.about.com/ab-ancienthist/

      Please check there for possible responses.

      Iren
    • tiny@cogitate.freeserve.co.uk
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 20, 2001
        --- In Roman_History_Books@y..., IrenesBooks@a... wrote:
        > I have posted your query on the Ancient/Classical History Forum,
        > http://forums.about.com/ab-ancienthist/
        >
        > Please check there for possible responses.
        >
        > Iren

        Thank you,

        Ichthys.
      • Randall Howarth
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27, 2001
          Ichthys, I'm not sure of the answer to part one, but to part two, taxation
          models in Roman controlled areas were in the neighborhood of a tenth (tithe)
          and were paid in kind as often as in coin. Best modern work on this topic in
          English are the books written by Duncan-Jones. R. Howarth