Re: [Roman_History_Books] Sejanus

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 6, 2001
      onelighta@... writes:

      > is there a biography on Sejanus?

      I don't know of any. However, if you want to know more about him, there is
      the Tiberius biography, "Tiberius the Politician", by Barbara Levock.

      Forum Book Discussions
      http://forums.about.com/ab-ancienthist2/start
    • ptobey@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 6, 2001
        And the Flames of Rome is fiction using Sejanus as the main character and
        giving a picture of the Christians in Rome and Nero. (Just finished that
        one). And I picked up a book by David Wishart called Sejanus, but haven't
        gotten to that one yet. Still have to find I, Claudius first. :-)

        But those aren't bios, though there are historical facts in the stories, just
        not enough.

        Pam :-)
      • Lady Marian
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 6, 2001
          Who wrote "The Flames of Rome"? Such an intriguing title!
          ptobey@... wrote: And the Flames of Rome is fiction using Sejanus as the main character and
          giving a picture of the Christians in Rome and Nero. (Just finished that
          one). And I picked up a book by David Wishart called Sejanus, but haven't
          gotten to that one yet. Still have to find I, Claudius first. :-)

          But those aren't bios, though there are historical facts in the stories, just
          not enough.

          Pam :-)

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Blessings & Fair Winds,

          Denise

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 6, 2001
            It is Paul L. Maier. It's still listed in stock on Amazon.com and on
            Powells.com.
            Pam :-)
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 6, 2001
              Paul Maier seems to specialize in early church history: The lastest Eusebius
              translation and commentary is by him.