The Age of Constantine the Great

  • Zhonu@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 1999
      This is not only a good book, but also an important one in that it introduces
      many new interpretations of the period in question. Jacob Burchkhardt was a
      professor of Philology at Basle. He was also important in bringing Nietzsche
      to Basle, and was his guide. He is best known as the author the the ground
      breaking history of the rennaisance in Italy. I'm only on Chapter three and
      am liking it more with each page. I had my doubts when the bood was first
      suggested, but reading just the few pages I have, it has resolved all my
      doubts in favor of the book.

      Chris Mortimer