Re: Reminder - Roman History Book Chat

  • MarkowitzH@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 16 8:12 PM
      Sorry to miss a chat I had looked forward to. Hurricane Floyd forced me to
      evacuate my home.

      markowitzh@...
    • IrenesBooks@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 17 6:36 AM
        In a message dated 9/16/99 11:57:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        MarkowitzH@... writes:

        > Sorry to miss a chat I had looked forward to. Hurricane Floyd forced me to
        > evacuate my home.

        Sorry to hear that. Hope no major damages? The storm moved just East of us,
        lots of wind and rain....

        Irene
      • MarkowitzH@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 17 2:20 PM
          Not much damage. Thanks for your concern.

          My neighbor's lemon tree is now in my back yard. About 1/4 of my roof
          shingles are in my driveway. No water damage at all. Things could be much
          worse than that.

          When we evacuated, we were resigned to losing everything not in our car.
          That happened to my mother, seven years ago in Homestead.

          Hal
        • Roman_History_Books-owner@onelist.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 14, 2000

            Roman History Book Chat

            Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2000
            Time: 09:00PM - 10:30PM EST (GMT-05:00)

            Join us for the first chat on Livy, "History of Rome", Books I &
            II. Please welcome the former AOL group, and let's see how far
            we get into the work.

            The chat room is http://ancienthistory.about.com/mpchat.htm .

            For more details, see
            http://members.xoom.com/placida/booklist2.htm .

            I will be there in my official garb as "IreneBooksHOST". <G>

            Irene
            http://members.xoom.xom/placida