Reminders: Next book / Vote Byzantium vs. Eary Rome

  • IrenesBooks@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 16, 1999
      1) The next book is "The Age of Constantine the Great", by Jacob Burckhardt
      University of California Press; ISBN: 0520046803, Trade Paperback. I suggest
      we read through Chapter IV - will see how it goes. First Wednesday next month.

      I have posted more information and background readings on
      http://members.xoom.com/placida/booklist2.htm. Also: new coin pictures there.

      2) And please, for those of you who have not voted yet whether or not to go
      further into the Byzantine Empire (say beyond 5th century):
      Please vote by e-mailing me and simply typing "Byzantine" resp. "Early Rome".

      3) I also would appreciate to learn who of you intends to read / chat about
      the book. Of course, if you want to read it and not participate in the chat,
      you can always post your thoughts on this board. Nice place to get discussion
      going...

      Thanks!

      Irene (IrenesBooks@...)
      http://members.xoom.com/placida/ (new links in there)