Reminder - Roman History Book Chat

  • Roman_History_Books-owner@xxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 13, 1999

      Roman History Book Chat

      Date: Wednesday, September 15, 1999
      Time: 09:00PM - 10:30PM EDT (GMT-04:00)

      Book chat Wednesday, 9:00 pm ET in our chat room:
      http://ancienthistory.about.com/mpchat.htm (AOL members, you may
      have to launch Explorer, see instructions.)

      We are finishing up "Island of Ghosts" by Gillian Bradshaw. See
      also http://members.xoom.com/placida/booklist2.htm.

      Hope to see you there.

      Irene (IrenesBooks@aolcom)
    • MarkowitzH@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 16, 1999
        Sorry to miss a chat I had looked forward to. Hurricane Floyd forced me to
        evacuate my home.

        markowitzh@...
      • IrenesBooks@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 17, 1999
          In a message dated 9/16/99 11:57:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
          MarkowitzH@... writes:

          > Sorry to miss a chat I had looked forward to. Hurricane Floyd forced me to
          > evacuate my home.

          Sorry to hear that. Hope no major damages? The storm moved just East of us,
          lots of wind and rain....

          Irene
        • MarkowitzH@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 17, 1999
            Not much damage. Thanks for your concern.

            My neighbor's lemon tree is now in my back yard. About 1/4 of my roof
            shingles are in my driveway. No water damage at all. Things could be much
            worse than that.

            When we evacuated, we were resigned to losing everything not in our car.
            That happened to my mother, seven years ago in Homestead.

            Hal
          • Roman_History_Books-owner@onelist.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 14, 2000

              Roman History Book Chat

              Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2000
              Time: 09:00PM - 10:30PM EST (GMT-05:00)

              Join us for the first chat on Livy, "History of Rome", Books I &
              II. Please welcome the former AOL group, and let's see how far
              we get into the work.

              The chat room is http://ancienthistory.about.com/mpchat.htm .

              For more details, see
              http://members.xoom.com/placida/booklist2.htm .

              I will be there in my official garb as "IreneBooksHOST". <G>

              Irene
              http://members.xoom.xom/placida