Call for submissions: history articles

  • apgeditor2@advmkt.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2001
      Greetings to the Roman_History_Books listmembers. If you consider this post
      to be offensively off-topic, please accept my apologies and delete it. I am
      trying to locate amateur and professional historians who can write in a
      non-dry, non-scholarly style, and I believe such people may be on this list.

      Wanted: historians with a sense of humor!

      _Uncle John's Bathroom Reader Plunges into History_ will deal with the
      entire span of history and all cultures. It is designed for an international
      audience, so topics should have broad international appeal and focus on
      widely known people, places, things, or events. We use offbeat subjects and
      topics. The article should be amusing and the tone genial--a story rather
      than a serious treatment.

      Prospective contributors should familiarize themselves with the writing
      style of _Uncle John's Bathroom Reader_, which is widely available at all
      bookstores and warehouse clubs across the U.S. and Canada. Sample articles
      may also be viewed at:

      http://bathroomreader.com

      A distinction is made between "Original" articles based on assigned or
      approved topics and pieces that are "Collections" or compilations of
      quotations, jokes, lists, etc.

      The Base Rate of Pay will be either

      $75 per published page (Collection, 200 word minimum) or
      $100 per published page (Original article, 300 word minimum).

      Payment is based on published pages in Bathroom Reader format, not
      manuscript pages. Partial pages are prorated.

      Payment terms are 30 days after receipt of an invoice for an approved
      submission.

      An incentive program rewards writers based on total contribution to any one
      volume by increasing the page rate after specified milestones.

      If you are interested in working on this project, please email me at this
      address for a copy of the full writers' guidelines.

      --
      Allison Bocksruker
      Editorial Assistant