Virus Alert

  • David Meadows
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2001
      Greetings,

      Pardon the multiple postings, but I'm getting bombarded with the badtrans
      virus from various sources -- the way the virus works is it sits on your
      hard drive and then sends itself to any unreplied to email in your mail
      program (such as my Explorator newsletter and the various 'lite' versions,
      which is why I'm apparently being bombarded by it); it also deposits a
      nasty trojan. It's a pain in the rear to get rid of if you don't find it in
      a timely manner. There's info at:

      http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.badtrans.13312@...

      It seems to be a very recent version, so folks really should update their
      virus definitions and do a scan as soon as possible!

      regards,

      dm
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2001
        Thank you, Dave!

        This is timely reminder for all of us not to open any mail from unknown
        senders, and even more importantly, to be very careful what files we download
        to our computers.

        It has happened too often lately to people I know.

        http://www.delphi.com/ab-ancienthist/start
        Forum Book Discussions
        http://www.delphi.com/ab-ancienthist2/start