Reminder - Book Chat: Caesar, A Novel

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2001

      Book Chat: Caesar, A Novel

      Date: Wednesday, March 21, 2001
      Time: 9:00PM - 10:30PM EST (GMT-05:00)

      A reminder that we meet at the above date and time for:

      Caesar, A Novel
      by Colleen McCullough

      through p. 181, (Hardcover), 3 chapters:
      - Britannia, November 54 B.C.
      - Gaul of the Long-Hairs, December 54 to November 53
      - Rome, January to April 52

      Caesar in Britain, unrest in Gallia Comata. Quintus Cicero
      proves his mettle. And there is Rhiannon...
      Meanwhile in Rome, two deaths change the political landscape,
      and Cicero - Marcus that is - has new problems...

      A request: For the enjoyment of those who have not read farther
      than above, kindly limit your chat of the book itself to those
      three chapters.

      For details and background readings please go to
      http://members.nbci.com/placida/booklist2.htm.

      You will find some basic discussion points, as well as links on
      Cicero, Catullus etc. at
      http://members.nbci.com/placida/discuss.htm.

      We meet in the Ancient Classical History Chat Room
      http://ancienthistory.about.com/mpchat.htm.

      For new members, I suggest a trial sign on.

      A note for AOL'ers: It's best to first clear your cache, i.e.
      delete your temporary internet files via "My
      AOL"/"Preferences"/"www", and then click on your computer's