Next Book Chats: Caesar, A Novel - by C. McCullough

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 9, 2001
      Our next Book is:

      Caesar, A Novel
      by Colleen McCullough
      ISBN: 0380710854, paperback edition

      It's quite a tome, so we should probably divide it into four sections
      (hardcover/trade page numbers):

      NOTE: If anyone has the mass market paperback, please let me know the
      corresponding page numbers!

      March 21: through p. 181
      Britannia, November 54 B.C.
      Gaul of the Long-Hairs, December 54 to November 53
      Rome, January to April 52

      April 4: through p. 337
      Italian Gaul, The Province and Gaul of the Long-Hairs,
      January to December 52
      Gaul of the Long-Hairs, January to December 51

      April 18: through p. 490
      Rome, January to December 50
      The Rubicon, January 1 until April 4 of 49 B.C.

      May 2: through the end
      The West, Italia and Rome, The East,
      April 6 of 49 until September 29 of 48

      There was a request from the group last Wednesday for another Saylor book, so
      I added for May 16::

      Last Seen in Massilia
      ISBN: 0312209282

      It does fit nicely, I think.

      See also: http://members.nbci.com/placida/booklist2.htm

      More information to come. Meanwhile, enjoy!

      Irene
      http://members.nbci.com/placida/
      http://www.delphi.com/ab-ancienthist/start