Reading Group: Cicero

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2000
      Heius! I hope all of you in the US had a nice Thanksgivings, as I had indeed.

      As you may know, we decided to take a break from McCullough once we are done
      with "Caesar's Women", and first would read a spot of Cicero.

      I promised to see what's readily available. There is a lot! But some members
      already had indicated their preference for "de amicitia".

      I've found a Loeb's Classical Library edition which has:
      de senectute - de amicitia - de divinatione

      It's on the market (ISBN: 0674991702), in the used book market, and in very
      likely either in your library or via the interlibrary loan.

      Unless there are any strong objections, I propose we start discussing the
      book in January. Our first 2001 meeting (where has the year gone?) is
      Wednesday, January 3rd.

      Please let me know.

      BTW, I've added another book to my online reading list: "Roman Revolution" by
      Ronald Syme. It's spell binding, at least through Actium!

      Irene
      http://members.nbci.com/placida/
      http://www.delphi.com/ab-ancienthist/start