Next Book Chat November 15

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2000
      Heius!

      The next chat will be on Wednesday, November 15 in our chat room:
      http://ancienthistory.about.com/mpchat.htm

      Colleen McCullough
      Caesar's Women
      ISBN 0380710846 paperback edition

      Parts (Chapters) Three & Four. Caesar becomes Pontifex Maximus, and the
      whole sorry spectacle of the Catiline Conspiracy...

      For more go to http://members.nbci.com/placida/booklist2.htm

      You may want to read Sallust on that matter:
      The Jugurthine War & The Conspiracy of Catiline
      (Penguin Classsics Paperback)
      ISBN: 0140441328

      ...and another perspective:
      Catilina's Riddle
      by Steven Saylor
      ISBN: 080411269X

      Irene
      http://members.nbci.com/placida/
      http://www.delphi.com/ab-ancienthist/start
    • Deborah956@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2000
        Irene,
        Sorry to disappear. My dad has been very ill. He has cancer and is
        probably in his last couple of weeks. Needless to say, I'm not reading a
        whole lot at the moment. Well, I am.... but mindless junk you can read on
        planes.
        I'll drop in again when I can. I'm going to stay s*bbed to the list
        so I'll keep getting notifications.

        Deborah
        (Tiger Lady)
        Deborah956@...