FYI -- Yahoo/eGroups Merger -- No Immediate Changes in Services

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2000
      I received the following in my moderators' mail:

      "Yahoo! has completed its acquisition of eGroups, and we're happy to
      officially welcome you to the Yahoo! family. You can learn more about the
      completion of the deal by reading our press release
      (http://www.egroups.com/local/pr/pr083100.html). There is a great deal of
      work ahead as we work to bring eGroups into the Yahoo! network of services,
      but we're very excited about the future.

      We hope you'll be celebrating with us as we begin expanding our ability to
      help people collaborate, exchange ideas, and build relationships around the
      world.

      Although we're busy working on future plans, it's important to know that
      there will be no immediate changes to either the eGroups or Yahoo! Clubs
      services. All of the current features, policies, and services will continue
      to be supported.

      Users will continue to be governed by the Terms of Service they initially
      agreed to upon registering for either service. In other words, the eGroups
      Terms of Service will continue to apply to eGroups users.

      Short term, we'll continue planning for the integrated service, while trying
      our best to anticipate any major issues that might arise. We will share news
      on our progress in the merger discussion group
      (http://www.egroups.com/group/merger), and we encourage you to participate in
      the dialogue by voicing your concerns.

      We understand there will be a lot of questions regarding this integration and
      we'll try to answer them all as best we can. We've also created a Help Center
      (http://help.yahoo.com/help/egroups) on Yahoo! to serve as a home for
      commonly asked questions.

      Thanks for your patience, encouragement, and feedback throughout this process.

      All the best,

      The folks from eGroups and Yahoo!"

      Irene
      http://members.xoom.com/placida/