Re: Roman History Reading Group Chat Time to be Decided

  • IrenesBooks@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 18, 1999
      In a message dated 8/18/99 9:29:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      MarkowitzH@... writes:

      <<
      Every second Thursday from 9 to 10 sounds OK to me. >>

      There seems to be some confusion here: I'm locked in to the AOL chat every
      second Thursday 9-10 ET, partially due to tradition and set-up of that book
      reading community, partially due to chatroom availabilty - remember, we have
      100+ groups to accomodate there.

      My recommendation was to either switch to the Internet at 10 that night or
      select another time and day.

      Irene
    • eclectic@xxxx.xxxx.xx.xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 18, 1999
        On Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:43:53 EDT, you wrote:

        >From: IrenesBooks@...
        >
        >In a message dated 8/18/99 9:29:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        >MarkowitzH@... writes:
        >
        ><<

        >My recommendation was to either switch to the Internet at 10 that night or
        >select another time and day.
        >
        >Irene

        I'd love to see it switched to another day as I must often work until
        9 PM(MST) on Thursdays and Fridays and so would often have to miss the
        chat if it were on Thursdays.

        That being said, I realize that it would be impossible to find a day
        that was acceptable to everyone and if Thursdays are the best day for
        everyone else, I'd have to be an infrequent participant.

        Carol
      • IrenesBooks@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 18, 1999
          Maybe, if enough of you come to the trial chat tomorrow night at 9:00 p.m.
          ET, we can hash this out and find a convenient meeting date/time. I'm of
          course open to any suggestions and/or compromises.

          Reminder: The chatroom is at <<http://ancienthistory.about.com/mpchat.htm>>

          Irene (IrenesBooks@...)