Re: Roman History Reading Group Chat Time to be Decided

  • MarkowitzH@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 18, 1999
      Oh yes, I forgot to say, I will come up on this Thursday's test, but I may be
      a bit late as I have a meeting from 7 to 9 that night.

      Hal
    • IrenesBooks@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 18, 1999
        In a message dated 8/18/99 9:29:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        MarkowitzH@... writes:

        <<
        Every second Thursday from 9 to 10 sounds OK to me. >>

        There seems to be some confusion here: I'm locked in to the AOL chat every
        second Thursday 9-10 ET, partially due to tradition and set-up of that book
        reading community, partially due to chatroom availabilty - remember, we have
        100+ groups to accomodate there.

        My recommendation was to either switch to the Internet at 10 that night or
        select another time and day.

        Irene
      • eclectic@xxxx.xxxx.xx.xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 18, 1999
          On Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:43:53 EDT, you wrote:

          >From: IrenesBooks@...
          >
          >In a message dated 8/18/99 9:29:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          >MarkowitzH@... writes:
          >
          ><<

          >My recommendation was to either switch to the Internet at 10 that night or
          >select another time and day.
          >
          >Irene

          I'd love to see it switched to another day as I must often work until
          9 PM(MST) on Thursdays and Fridays and so would often have to miss the
          chat if it were on Thursdays.

          That being said, I realize that it would be impossible to find a day
          that was acceptable to everyone and if Thursdays are the best day for
          everyone else, I'd have to be an infrequent participant.

          Carol
        • IrenesBooks@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 18, 1999
            Maybe, if enough of you come to the trial chat tomorrow night at 9:00 p.m.
            ET, we can hash this out and find a convenient meeting date/time. I'm of
            course open to any suggestions and/or compromises.

            Reminder: The chatroom is at <<http://ancienthistory.about.com/mpchat.htm>>

            Irene (IrenesBooks@...)