Book chat reminder Wednesday, 5/15/2013, 9:30 pm

    Message 1 of 3 , May 15, 2013

      Title: Book chat reminder Wednesday

      Date: Wednesday May 15, 2013
      Time: 9:30 pm - 11:00 pm (GMT-05.00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
      Notes: A reminder that we meet on Wednesday at the stated time to discuss "Andria (The Girl from Andros)" by P. Terentius Afer (Terence). May be read with "The Woman of Andros" by Thornton Wilder.

      Unfortunately, I did not look at Edith Hamilton's "The Roman Way"! I pulled it out for other reasons yesterday. The first three chapters are on Plautus and Terence and their influence on modern times! So if you happen to have the book, look at least at Chapter 3, "The Comic Spirit on Plautus and Terence." Very insightful observations!

      Newcomers: please e-mail me as per http://romanhistorybooksandmore.freeservers.com/chatroom.htm

      See you all Wednesday!