Re: Roman History Reading Group Chat Time to be Decided

  • IrenesBooks@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 17, 1999
      In a message dated 8/17/99 11:47:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      jaw5030@... writes:

      << Irene,
      Thursday's are fine with me. I assume that 10 pm
      eastern will be when you get to about.com's chatroom >>

      Yes.

      Irene
    • MarkowitzH@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 18, 1999
        Every second Thursday from 9 to 10 sounds OK to me.

        An alternative worth considering is to have the meeting on the second and
        fourth Thursday of each month. That would be two meetings fewer per year, a
        breather now and then, and it might be a bit easier to remember as well. Of
        course, that may not fit into the Internet schedule as easily, and some may
        prefer clocklike regularity. It would not make any difference in August and
        September, so there is no rush to consider this.

        Hal
      • MarkowitzH@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 18, 1999
          Oh yes, I forgot to say, I will come up on this Thursday's test, but I may be
          a bit late as I have a meeting from 7 to 9 that night.

          Hal
        • IrenesBooks@xxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 18, 1999
            In a message dated 8/18/99 9:29:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
            MarkowitzH@... writes:

            <<
            Every second Thursday from 9 to 10 sounds OK to me. >>

            There seems to be some confusion here: I'm locked in to the AOL chat every
            second Thursday 9-10 ET, partially due to tradition and set-up of that book
            reading community, partially due to chatroom availabilty - remember, we have
            100+ groups to accomodate there.

            My recommendation was to either switch to the Internet at 10 that night or
            select another time and day.

            Irene
          • eclectic@xxxx.xxxx.xx.xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx)
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 18, 1999
              On Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:43:53 EDT, you wrote:

              >From: IrenesBooks@...
              >
              >In a message dated 8/18/99 9:29:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
              >MarkowitzH@... writes:
              >
              ><<

              >My recommendation was to either switch to the Internet at 10 that night or
              >select another time and day.
              >
              >Irene

              I'd love to see it switched to another day as I must often work until
              9 PM(MST) on Thursdays and Fridays and so would often have to miss the
              chat if it were on Thursdays.

              That being said, I realize that it would be impossible to find a day
              that was acceptable to everyone and if Thursdays are the best day for
              everyone else, I'd have to be an infrequent participant.

              Carol
            • IrenesBooks@xxx.xxx
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 18, 1999
                Maybe, if enough of you come to the trial chat tomorrow night at 9:00 p.m.
                ET, we can hash this out and find a convenient meeting date/time. I'm of
                course open to any suggestions and/or compromises.

                Reminder: The chatroom is at <<http://ancienthistory.about.com/mpchat.htm>>

                Irene (IrenesBooks@...)