Novels on Cato the Younger

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2000
      I received this e-mail and pass it along:

      "My first novel in the Cato series is on sale now and can be bought in most
      good bookshops and over the internet at Amazon.co.uk. It is set on the eve of
      the invasion of Britain in 43 AD and follows the adventures of Cato, a new
      recruit to the Second legion and Macro, a veteran centurion. Initial response
      has been excellent:
      Bernard Cornwell (author of the Sharpe series, amongst other great books):
      "It is my fervent hope that he falls under a bus, or drowns or eats a bad
      mushroom because I really don't need this kind of competition. It's a great
      read, full of excitement and I truly hope it does wonderfully well for him.'
      Elizabeth Chadwick: 'A thouroughly enjoyable read. The characters are so
      lifelike that they almost spring off the page... An engrossing storyline,
      full of teeth-clenching battles, political machinations, treachery, honour,
      love and death... The Roman world is brought vividly to life and bang up to
      date. Simon Scarrow is an author to watch.'

      So there you have it. If you would like more details then feel free to check
      out the website at www.scarrow.fsnet.co.uk
      Best wishes,
      Simon Scarrow

      http://members.xoom.com/placida/