Book Chat on Wednesday, 2/15/2012, 9:30 pm

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 12, 2012

      Title: Book Chat on Wednesday

      Date: Wednesday February 15, 2012
      Time: 9:30 pm - 11:00 pm
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 1 day, 4 minutes.
      Notes: A reminder that we meet on Wednesday, February 1, to discuss "Render Unto Caesar" by Gillian Bradshaw.

      I'm especially interested in people's reaction to the treatment of slavery with by our protagonist.

      Newcomers, please contact me first as per http://romanhistorybooksandmore.freeservers.com/chatroom.htm, I'll be happy to do a brief trial chat.

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 13, 2012

        Title: Book Chat on Wednesday

        Date: Wednesday February 15, 2012

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 14, 2012

          Title: Book Chat on Wednesday

          Date: Wednesday February 15, 2012
          Time: 9:30 pm - 11:00 pm
          Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 18 hours, 4 minutes.

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 15, 2012

            Title: Book Chat on Wednesday

            Date: Wednesday February 15, 2012
            Notes: A reminder that we meet on Wednesday, February 1, to discuss "Render Unto Caesar" by Gillian Bradshaw.

            I'm especially interested in people's reaction to the treatment of slavery with by our protagonist.

            Newcomers, please contact me first as per http://romanhistorybooksandmore.freeservers.com/chatroom.htm, I'll be happy to do a brief trial chat.

          • Sally Winchester
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 7, 2012
              Greetings friends,

              Have just finished a terrific novel on the late Roman empire in the east. It's called Nine for the Devil by Mary Reed and Eric Mayer and is published by Poisoned Pen Press. It's a great mystery but much more. Wonderful background of Justinian's Constantinople that one can almost see, hear, and smell. The authors are particularly strong in bringing out all the religious conflicts of the time as Pagans are converting and Xian sects are fighting with each other over doctrine. This would be a great book for discussion.

              Enjoy,
              Sally Winchester
              Freelance Classicist
            • Don Maker
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 7, 2012
                Sounds interesting, thanks! My wife and I may try it on our holiday. Cheers, Don Maker