Important notice to members planning to attend the online book chats

  • lennep95
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2011
      Hi all!

      I did some checking of the list of people who told me that they wanted to participate in the online chats, but there are names on my list who attended only once or never, and I have purged all of those.

      So please, anyone who is serious about attending, let me know, using the e-mail address in the link below. I will set you up for the chat and will do a quick trial chat with you.

      http://romanhistorybooksandmore.freeservers.com/chatroom.htm

      A G-mail address is not necessary but would make things easier for you.

      You can find the chat schedule for the rest of the year here, http://romanhistorybooksandmore.freeservers.com/2011-reading-calendar.htm, and there are always updates on the blog, http://romanhistorybooks.typepad.com/

      You'll also find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_18647497619

      I'm looking forward to meeting you!

      Irene
    • lennep95
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2011
        Sorry, link got corrupted:

        --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, "lennep95" <irenesbooks@...> wrote:

        > Hi all!
        >
        > I did some checking of the list of people who told me that they wanted to participate in the online chats, but there are names on my list who attended only once or never, and I have purged all of those.
        >
        > So please, anyone who is serious about attending, let me know, using the e-mail address in the link below. I will set you up for the chat and will do a quick trial chat with you.
        >
        > http://romanhistorybooksandmore.freeservers.com/chatroom.htm
        >
        > A G-mail address is not necessary but would make things easier for you.
        >
        > You can find the chat schedule for the rest of the year here, http://romanhistorybooksandmore.freeservers.com/2011-reading-calendar.htm, and there are always updates on the blog, http://romanhistorybooks.typepad.com/
        >
        > You'll also find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_18647497619
        >
        > I'm looking forward to meeting you!
        >
        > Irene

      • Dora
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 17, 2011
          Hello Irene,
          So sorry for cluttering up your site. I had no idea I was still listed on it. At the time I subscribed, I had a dial up internet connection and it just does not work in a chat room. Please delete me from your list. Thank you, Dora

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 18, 2011
            I would like to have my name taken off the Roman History Books list. I have
            had a passing interest in Roman History, maybe a tangent for me, but I found
            that not all of the books were interesting enough for me and were more
            reading than I could do. I hope you will pass on to Irene Hahn that I did
            enjoy and learn from the group chats but wasn't able to contribute much at
            my level of scholarship about the readings. I will continue to look at the
            reading list and read some of the material, but probably not a good idea for
            me to continue as a lurker. Thanks for doing an accounting of the list,
            that's a very valuable service.