RHRG Goldsworthy /How Rome Fell podcasts

  • Garummm
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2011
      Salvete omnes!

      Being laid up with the flu has one or two advantages. In a effort to
      distract myself from misery and blurry vision, I went looking for audio
      sources on Goldsworthy's "How Rome Fell."

      Here is an extended interview (more than an hour) with AG on the University
      of Iowa / Libraries' thread, "New Books in History." The interviewer in
      Marshal Poe (U of Iowa). The downloadable podcast is free.
      http://ir.uiowa.edu/history_nbih/56/

      The interview roams a bit, but helps to flesh out AG's approach to writing.
      The University of Iowa / Libraries also offers a free account so that you
      can be notified as new topics are added.

      The National Review On LIne has a shorter (9 minute) interview on the same
      topic. The Interviewer is John J. Miller
      http://radio.nationalreview.com/betweenthecovers/post/?q=YmFkNWQ2ODNlMzZiZDMxMDJjZjcwZTQ5Y2IxOGQ4MGQ=

      This review of AG's "The Punic Wars" (2000) includes a suite of related
      links and the bottom of the page.
      NOTE: It appears that the TV documentaries cited for "Channel 4" may only
      be viewable in the UK.
      http://www.brothersjudd.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/reviews.detail/book_id/1516/

      S'all for now. Enjoy.

      Valete bene