Ghosts of Cannae links and audiocasts

  • Garummm
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2011
      Salvete omnes!

      I just listened to a remarkably circumspect interview with Robert O'Connell
      on the Battle of Cannae (216 BCE: Hannibal 10, Rome nil). The hour-long
      interview is on the Canadian Broadcasting Corp's "Ideas" radio series. As a
      new program, it will not be available to listen on line for couple of weeks,
      but do bookmark it if this is an area of interest for you. "Ideas" programs
      tend to go into more depth and/or tackle different angles than other
      programs.

      There's a thumbnail description on the weekly schedule page, but watch for
      this to move to "Program Features" or "Past Episodes" (right sidebar) as
      this week closes. In all cases, look for the airdate *Friday, March 11.
      *http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/schedule/

      Meantime, until the CBC podcast becomes available (free!), here's O'Connell
      on the USA's National Public Radio -- also a very credible source of
      first-rate programming: This also includes a one-page excerpt from Chapter
      one of the book.
      http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128490878

      More details on The Ghosts of Cannae here. If not done before, maybe a
      suggestion for 2012 (auc2765)??

      Valete bene
      Garummm