RE: [Roman_History_Books] Vespasian's Villa

  • Vicky Alvear Shecter
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 8, 2009
      I thought Vespasian came from more humble roots--or perhaps that is just
      part of his legend. Does anyone know? Also, if the archaeologists have
      found nothing that "marked it" as belonging to Vespasian's family, doesn't
      it seem a bit of a stretch to claim that it is? Certainly there could be
      more than one wealthy family in that city. It seems to cheapen the really
      exciting archaeological finds when archaeologists make "exciting" claims
      without proof.

      Thanks for sending the link! Vicky

      Vicky Alvear Shecter, Children's Book Author
      ALEXANDER THE GREAT ROCKS THE WORLD
      VOYA Honor List for Nonfiction
      Coming in 2010: CLEOPATRA RULES!
      www.vickyalvearshecter.com