Re: [Roman_History_Books] book chat reminder Wednesday: "Medicus", 7/2/2008, 9:30 pm

  • Eddie&Daphne
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2008
      Dear Irene,

      I'd love to join in. As I live in France do you happen to know whether your time zone compares favourably with that of Europe?
      Best wishes, Daphne Franklin
      Date: Wednesday July 2, 2008
      Time: 9:30 pm - 11:00 pm
      Location: See notes
      Notes: This is a reminder that we meet on Wednesday at the stated time (equivalent of 9:30 EDT) to discuss "Medicus: A Novel of the Roman Empire" by Ruth Downie.

      Hopefully, we can get the chat together at "Google [Web] Talk". I will be available to test the group chat on Monday, June 30 from about 8:30 PM onwards as per my e-mail last week.

      Background on the book:

      Edit reminder options
      Copyright � 2008 Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy

    • Hahn Irene
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
        Daphne, unfortunately, it's the middle of the night for you.

        Irene

        On Jul 1, 2008, at 2:29 AM, Eddie&Daphne wrote:

        > Dear Irene,
        >
        > I'd love to join in. As I live in France do you happen to know
        > whether your time zone compares favourably with that of Europe?
        > Best wishes, Daphne Franklin

      • Beverly & Ian Jennings
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2008
          Hi There Daphne:

          The USA has 4 time zones. In central time, Missouri, where we live, we are 7
          hours behind you. The east coast of the USA will be 6 hours behind. My wife
          Beverly (aka Heloise), who takes part in the book-chat, starts the chat at
          8:30 pm central time. So, that would be 3:30 a.m. your time. I suggest you
          go to bed at about 8 p.m, put the alarm on for about 3:15 a.m., drink a
          large glass of Cognac, put your feet up, listen to some Edith Piaf, tune in
          to the book-chat and enjoy yourself! We'd love to know which part of France
          you live in. Beverly studied at the Sorbonne in Paris, and I worked for a
          French company for 5 years, mostly travelling to the Alsace and Paris. I
          love their outlook on life, which is simply, "Where is our next bottle of
          wine coming from?"

          Best wishes,

          Ian

          Beverly & Ian Jennings
          bjennings3@...

          Date: Wednesday July 2, 2008
          Time: 9:30 pm - 11:00 pm
          Location: See notes
          Notes: This is a reminder that we meet on Wednesday at the stated
          time (equivalent of 9:30 EDT) to discuss "Medicus: A Novel of the Roman
          Empire" by Ruth Downie.

          Hopefully, we can get the chat together at "Google [Web] Talk". I
          will be available to test the group chat on Monday, June 30 from about 8:30
          PM onwards as per my e-mail last week.

          Background on the book:

          Edit reminder options
          Copyright C 2008 Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service |
          Privacy Policy