New Chat Room, advice thought

  • Hahn Irene
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2008
      Hello, all!

      For those beyond the chat regulars, please be advised that we are
      having great trouble with our AIM chat room. People can't either sign
      on or are getting bumped during the chat.

      We are now trying Google Talk on the Web which allows group chats.
      Anyone new who wants to join will need a Google ID (if you don't have
      one nor GMail) and I need to be advised of this so that I can add you
      for the "group chat." Please send this to my e-mail address, not as
      response to this mail.

      However, a recent test has shown that for some reason not everyone is
      in the same group chat. I would appreciate any experience any of you
      has with this, so we can make this work. (Alternatives explored so
      far are either unsatisfactory or too costly.)

      My question is how do we get everyone into the same group? My
      assumption is that it is I who has to start the group chat. Once I
      have done this with the first person that I see a green dot next to
      her/his name ("available"), everyone else showing up as "available"
      has to wait for me to click on their name. Is this correct?

      I would like to test this Monday night EDT, say, after 9:00. I will
      be online, and look out for any of you willing to help. The current
      chat regulars are all on my list, newbies have to e-mail me first.
      Again, please send this to my e-mail address, not as response to this
      mail.

      Thank you for your assistance!

      Roman History Books and More (Blog)