Using Google Chat, step one

  • Hahn Irene
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2008
      1. For WINDOWS users: You can download an *.exe file from here:
      http://www.google.com/talk/

      2. For MAC users: Garummm sent me some links, two of which were
      helpful to me as Mac user:

      2a. (involves iChat and Jabber) I found and had done this
      installation already earlier: http://www.google.com/support/talk/bin/
      answer.py?hl=en&answer=24076

      2b. Then there is the other one: http://cormacmoylan.com/blog/google/
      google-talk-available-on-mac-via-firefox.eire

      3. For ALL: The chat window then maybe be reached from here: http://
      romanhistorybooksandmore.freeservers.com/chatroom.htm by clicking on
      the icon. I'm not sure yet how we do all assemble to chat, but I'm
      working on this. Stay tuned! But you will need a Google ID if you
      don't have one yet. You do *not* have to sign up for Google Mail.

      A trial chat is planned for tomorrow, Wednesday, June 11, at 9:30
      EST. If this works, it will solve all our problems. It also seems
      from a brief trial chat which Bingley and I did a couple of days ago
      that the transcript will be automatically e-mailed to one, or maybe
      only to Google Mail users, which we both are.

      Roman History Books and More (Blog)