Scipio Africanus Book Chat

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2000
      Our chats on the book "Scipio Africanus, The Man Who Defeated Hannibal" were
      scheduled for May 17, June 2, and June 16.

      However, I just finished the book and consider it an extremely annoying book
      for the following reasons:

      1. At least 90% of the book consists of inaccuracies, distortion or worse;
      2. The book is as gloomy as the Hannibal book -- though not as much gore ;-)

      I therefore have made an executive decision :-) to limit the discussions on
      Scipio to two chats, in which we will have ample time to discuss Scipio the
      Historical Figure -- and I hope Jim Bloom will grace us with his presence and
      knowledge.

      This will also mean that we will start with the McCullough "Masters of Rome"
      series earlier, i.e. the "First Man in Rome" discussion will begin June 16.
      So, start getting your hands on the book...more details to follow in due
      course...

      Irene
      http://members.xoom.com/placida/
      http://www.delphi.com/ab-ancienthist/start