Re: allan massie

  • bingleyausten
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
      Yes, I looked at them, at least I think it was them. They mainly do
      second hand books don't they? I wouldn't trust a second hand copy
      unless I could actually see it before I bought it.

      --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, Hahn Irene
      <irenesbooks@...> wrote:

      > Bingley, have you tried ABEBooks.com? They have an Australian site
      > also: http://www.abebooks.com.au/
      >
      > Irene
      >
      > Roman History Reading Group
      > Roman History Books and More (Blog)
      > Cohost, Ancient Classical History Forum
      >

      > On Feb 5, 2008, at 9:44 AM, bingleyausten wrote:
      >
      > > Irene's order is the chronological order of the events, but it is not
      > > the order the books were written in:
      > >
      > > Augustus: A Novel
      > > Tiberius: The Memoirs of the Emperor
      > > Caesar
      > > Antony
      > > Nero's Heirs
      > > Caligula
      > >
      > > Some of them are quite difficult to get hold of. I've been looking for
      > > a copy of Tiberius for some time now.
      > >
      > > --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, "lennep95"
      > > <irenesbooks@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Yahoo screwed uo my recent response, so here it is again:
      > > >
      > > > the order should be:
      > > >
      > > > Caesar
      > > > Antony
      > > > Augustus a Novel
      > > > Tiberius: The Memoirs of the Emperor
      > > > Caligula
      > > > Nero's Heirs
      > > >
      > > > go here:
      > > > http://romanhistorybooksandmore.freeservers.com/
      > > booklist1a.htm#massie
      > > > , which links to my review of Nero's Heirs.
      > > >
      > > > Irene
      > > >

      > > > --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, "rufusscott"

      > > skillfully
      > > their

      > > novels.

    • Hahn Irene
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2008
        The conditions are usually well described, at least here in the U.S.