Re: [Roman_History_Books] In the latest Explorator

  • Dave Semrud
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2000
      Thanks for the e-mail. I read all the articles attached and enjoyed them
      throughly. I've developed a passion for ancient history but so far have only
      read Roman/Greco stuff like Livy and Thucydides(sp?). I would like to read
      more about the other great ancient societies like China and Persia. Any
      suggestions? Also any other good books on Rome or Greece.

      One thing I'm trying to understand is why some eras in history there are
      explosions of creativity - the Golden Age of Greece, the Italian Rennisance,
      and from the mid 19th to the mid 20 century in the West, and others eras
      that spirit seems dormant or corrupted? Any hints on where to go and find
      out/

      I'm sorry its being presumptious of me to ask but I figure the worse thing
      you can do is cut off your newsletter and that would be too bad.

      Signed
      the nosey norse from Minnesota
      dave