Chatroom

  • IrenesBooks@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 14, 1999
      Heius!

      Good News! I found us a chat room at "Ancient/Classical History" at
      About.com. <<http://ancienthistory.about.com/>>

      Scroll down to "Chat" or go directly to
      <<http://ancienthistory.about.com/mpchat.htm>> and review their FAQ's etc.
      and also test whether your browser allows you access to the chatroom. If you
      are an AOL member, you may have to follow directions. (I did: I minimized the
      AOL window, and then launched the Explorer from my desktop, and it worked.)

      You will need to choose a nickname to sign on - you need not identify
      yourself with your e-mail address, but you can also add your first name if
      you so wish. It would be nice if you would let me know at IrenesBooks@...
      what nickname you intend to sign on with, so that I know who I am talking
      too. There is also an "ignore" feature, if we should get harassed by an
      outsider.

      I will contact you soonest about dates/times available for chats so that we
      can agree on one, which would be every two weeks at the same time, the first
      chat being on or around August 26.

      A reminder: our next book is "Island Ghosts" by Gillian Bradshaw, which is
      available in paperback online and in your favorite bookstore, and your public
      library may have it too*. For more details, see my webpage
      <<http://members.xoom.com/placida/booklist2.htm>>. As you can see, we plan
      to read the book in two installments.

      *my public library allows me to take out a book for 4-6 weeks if I tell them
      it's for a book discussion group.

      If you want to post your thoughts on the book here, by all means do so!

      Irene (IrenesBooks@...)
    • MarkowitzH@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 16, 1999
        Thank you again, Irene. This is a fine location, entirely satisfactory and
        it is easy to envision the Roman History Chat Group being more popular as a
        result of its greater visibility in a group that is predisposed to be
        friendly toward it.

        I had no problem getting into the new chat group using AOL.

        My name in this group will be HalM

        Hal
      • ILIADHOMER@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 16, 1999
          Hi, Irene:
          I tried the new chat site and it seemed to work fine for me.
          I will be there under my old name of ancientnut.

          JOHN GOMER
        • Jacqueline Wilson
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 16, 1999
            Irene,

            Looks like a great location. I signed up for all the
            history sites I liked! Just greedy I guess. Anyway
            I am called beckwith49 there.

            Jackie Wilson

            --- MarkowitzH@... wrote:
            > From: MarkowitzH@...
            >
            > Thank you again, Irene. This is a fine location,
            > entirely satisfactory and
            > it is easy to envision the Roman History Chat Group
            > being more popular as a
            > result of its greater visibility in a group that is
            > predisposed to be
            > friendly toward it.
            >
            > I had no problem getting into the new chat group
            > using AOL.
            >
            > My name in this group will be HalM
            >
            > Hal

            > ONElist members, don't miss out on the latest news
            > at ONElist!
            > Join our community member news update
            > http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/onelist_announce
            > "here</A>