Lord North

  • bingleyausten
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2007
      Apart from writing "The Decline and Fall", Gibbon was an MP. He served
      on the Board of Trade and Plantations during Lord North's premiership
      and dedicated Volumes the Fourth to the Sixth (which we won't be
      reading as they go way beyond our period) to Lord North. The Oxford DNB
      has an article on Lord North available for the month of July:
      http://www.oxforddnb.com/public/dnb/20304.html