please note: Fw: Romanarmy.com / RAT

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2007
      From: jasper@...
      To: irenesbooks@...
      Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 5:13 AM
      Subject: Romanarmy.com / RAT

      Hi all!
      This just an impromptu newsletter to tell everyone we're all back!
      If you're anyway near as addicted to Romanarmy.com & Romanarmytalk as some of us are, you'll have discovered the site was down for several days. To be more correct, the site / server itself was not down, it was just unreachable because of a misconfiguration in our DNS records.
      A subtle difference, but it means this problem was not caused by our host - just to stifle any calls for 'new host!' up front.

      Anyways, long story short, we're back and I hope you had a good time reading Ancient Warfare magazine (What? Not subscribed yet? Well, that's what you get!) or a good book, going to a reenactment event, working on some new kit, or doing something totally not related to Romanarmy.com. Diversity is the spice of life, but now you can come back to your favorite online haunt with a vengeance!

      PS: because of the unreachability of the domain, I could not read my email either. So apologies for the lack of response there.
      In future, if Romanarmy.com seems down and you absolutely need to reach me, go through ancient-warfare.com and contact me from that site.

      PS2: if RAT is unreachable for you, try cleaning your computer's DNS cache. Click Start->Run, type cmd and press enter. When the command screen comes up, type 'ipconfig /flushdns'. That should help.

      Now get your asses back to RAT and see the offer Keltica Iron Age Village has for you!

      If you do not want to receive any more newsletters, this link

      To update your preferences and to unsubscribe visit this link