Roman Britain history?

  • kilocharlie2
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9 6:31 PM
      Hello to all on the Roman History Books discussion forums. I've been
      lurking for a while but thought I might ask you if anyone can recommend
      some good history books concerning the Roman occupation of southern
      Britain. I'm finally getting to go this fall and would love to know
      more than I currently do. Any recommendations?
      Thanks to all!
      Kerri
      ps. Thanks to Irene & Bingley for the Waterhouse link. Love him!
    • bingleyausten
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 10 5:37 AM
        It depends what you're looking for really. If you just want a brief
        overview then there is this book which I reviewed:
        http://romanhistorybooks.typepad.com/roman_history_books_and_m/2007/02/a_very_short_re.html

        Irene drew our attention to a more detailed book by the same author:
        http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0192801384?ie=UTF8&tag=stamfordhistoric&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=0192801384

        I've had my eye on this book, which unfortunately is only available in
        hardback here as yet:
        http://www.librarything.com/work/1112904

        --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, "kilocharlie2"