Re: [Roman_History_Books] Apicius, Roman Food Writer

  • Candace C
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 15, 2006
      be sure to try Garum(which I am dying to try even though it sounds so icky)

      Irene Hahn <irenesbooks@...> wrote: At the chat last night, we got side-tracked into Roman food (a member was multi-tasking by baking cookies while chatting) and talked about Apicius and Roman food.

      Turns out, I had already blogged him last April: http://romanhistorybooks.typepad.com/roman_history_books_and_m/2006/04/m_gavius_apiciu.html.

      We decided to put Apicius as well as the book "A Taste of Ancient Rome" on our 2008 list (yes! we are thinking that far ahead), and would try out recipes!

    • ALBERT NOYER
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 15, 2006
        Candace; Re: Garum or liquamen. Substitute anchovies for fish entrails...easier to come by and probably more palatable!
        Albert Noyer
        www.albertnoyer.com