The Phoenicians

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2000
      For those of you reading along or following our quest to read through
      Roman History:

      There is not that much written individually on the Phoenicians, it
      seems, except by some Ancient Historians.

      However, the book shown in our "Currently Reading" page
      http://members.xoom.com/placida/booklist2.htm ,

      "Hannibal"
      by George P. Baker
      ISBN: 0815410050

      gives an excellent overview of Western Phoenicia. Mommsen, in his
      Roman History", does too, but that won't be of much help to most of
      you ;-)

      I also found an Aristotle link: Ancient History Sourcebook:
      Aristotle: On the Constitution of Carthage, c. 340 BCE
      http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/ancient/aristotle-carthage.html

      Irene
      http://members.xoom.com/placida/
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19, 2000
        --- In Roman_History_Books@onelist.com, <IrenesBooks@a...> wrote:

        > There is not that much written individually on the Phoenicians, it
        > seems, except by some Ancient Historians.

        I should amend the above to: That which I could find in print...I hit
        the "Send" button too soon.

        Irene
        http://members.xoom.com/placida/