All tantrums and togas

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2006
      All tantrums and togas

      The BBC is reviving the glories of Rome again. Lindsey David takes a close look
      http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,14934-2354065,00.html

      Mary Beard had something on this a short while ago:

      Rome: beyond grapes and gropes

      Over the last few months I've been "consulting" for part of a series of BBC drama-documentaries on ancient Rome ("Ancient Rome: The Rise and Fall of an Empire" -- which starts on BBC1 later in the month). It's been something of a dramatic conversion for me, since I had always been a dreadful snob about "drama-docs".

      http://timesonline.typepad.com/dons_life/2006/09/rome_beyond_gra.html