Re: [Roman_History_Books] Re: Quintus S

  • Richard Dorsey
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
      Bingley Austen, this one worked, printed materials,
      thank you.
      Can you point me toward photos, illustrations, etc.,
      of Sertorius, or having to do with the peoples of
      Hispania during the 1CBC. Military History Magzine is
      in need of graphics to accompany an article which I
      have written on the Sertorian War, scheduled for their
      December issue.

      http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
      > > > t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html >
      > > http://www.archive.org/index.php >

      http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
      > > although I am going to save them. Military
      > History
      > > Magazine wants photos they an use on my article
      > about
      > > the Sertorian Wars. They can not find period or
      > > personal photos. I have nothing. Col. McCullogh
      > has
      > > a drawing of QS, and that is it. If you have an
      > > address for P.O. Spann, I could try to contact
      > him. I
      > > will be in Narni, Italy two weeks from now. Thank
      > you
      > > for your assistance. Richard M. Dorsey, "The
      > Sword
      > > Fighter" novelist, 562-696-4660
      > >
      > > --- bingleyausten <bingleyausten@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > There used to be an article on Sertorius on
      > Ancient
      > > > Coin Market,
      > > > illustrated with coins minted by Sertorius and
      > his
      > > > opponents in
      > > > Iberia. Unfortunately that article is no longer
      > > > available on the
      > > > site. However, it has been archived at the
      > Internet
      > > > Archive.
      > > > Hopefully, this link will take you to the
      > archived
      > > > copy of the
      > > > article:

      http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
      > > > t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
      > > >
      > > > If not, go to this site:
      > > > http://www.archive.org/index.php and insert
      > > > this address:

      http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html

      > > > in the box marked WayBackMachine.
      > > >
      > > > --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com,
      > "drdadv"
      > > > <drdadv@>

      > > > Military History
      > > > Magazine, "Sertorian Wars"
      > > > Sertorius or Spain
      > > > of 1CBC. Just published a
      > dealing
      > > > with how an
      > > > Hispanic Celt outwited the
      > > > anything on Sertorius.
      > > > I would like to participate
      > important
      > > > Roman military
      > > > commanders; 20M words
      > Sword
      > > > Fighter" is for
      > > > sale, but I do not know
      > messages.
      > > > Please advise.
      > > > Richard M. Dorsey,

      > protection around
      > > http://mail.yahoo.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • bingleyausten
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
        That's the only one I know of. You could google using Sertorius and
        the places of some of his battles as your keywords, using the google
        image function. If it helps he's known as Sertorio in Spanish. There
        may be more Spanish-language information on him.