Re: [Roman_History_Books] Re: Quintus Sertorius

  • Richard Dorsey
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 5, 2006
      People may contact me at drdadv@.... For a copy of the book,
      send me your mailing address.

      Richard.

      http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
      > > t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
      > >
      > > If not, go to this site:
      > http://www.archive.org/index.php and insert
      > > this address:

      http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
      > > in the box marked WayBackMachine.
      > >
      > > --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com,
      > "drdadv" drdadv@
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I have an article appearing in December issue
      > Military History
      > > Magazine, "Sertorian Wars"
      > > > I am seriously looking for graphics depicting
      > Sertorius or Spain
      > > of 1CBC. Just published a
      > > > new novel, "The Sword Fighter," a story dealing
      > with how an
      > > Hispanic Celt outwited the
      > > > Romans in Spain, 1CBC. I am interested in
      > anything on Sertorius.
      > > I would like to participate
      > > > in group-authored book on lesser known important
      > Roman military
      > > commanders; 20M words
      > > > on 10 personages, one each per author. "The
      > Sword Fighter" is for
      > > sale, but I do not know
      > > > your requirements for approving these messages.
      > Please advise.
      > > Richard M. Dorsey,
      > > > 562-696-4660, drdadv@

      > removed]

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • bingleyausten
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
        I see the problem. The link address was too long and got chopped in
        half. Try this one:
        http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z583216BD
        This is a link to an intermediate site. You may have to wait a few
        seconds to be taken to the real one.

        --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, Richard Dorsey
        <drdadv@...> wrote:

        > "bingleyausten" No luck on the sites. Ancient Coin
        > Market is a magazine currently published? You are
        > stating that the article in question is no longer
        > available on the (a) site. Which site? Nothing shows
        > up on these:

        http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
        > > t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html >
        > http://www.archive.org/index.php >
        > http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
        > although I am going to save them. Military History
        > Magazine wants photos they an use on my article about
        > the Sertorian Wars. They can not find period or
        > personal photos. I have nothing. Col. McCullogh has
        > a drawing of QS, and that is it. If you have an
        > address for P.O. Spann, I could try to contact him. I
        > will be in Narni, Italy two weeks from now. Thank you
        > for your assistance. Richard M. Dorsey, "The Sword
        > Fighter" novelist, 562-696-4660
        >
        > --- bingleyausten <bingleyausten@...> wrote:
        >
        > > There used to be an article on Sertorius on Ancient
        > > Coin Market,
        > > illustrated with coins minted by Sertorius and his
        > > opponents in
        > > Iberia. Unfortunately that article is no longer
        > > available on the
        > > site. However, it has been archived at the Internet
        > > Archive.
        > > Hopefully, this link will take you to the archived
        > > copy of the
        > > article:

        http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
        > > t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
        > >
        > > If not, go to this site:
        > > http://www.archive.org/index.php and insert
        > > this address:
        > >
        > http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
        > >
        > > in the box marked WayBackMachine.
        > >
        > > --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, "drdadv"
        > > <drdadv@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I have an article appearing in December issue
        > > Military History
        > > Magazine, "Sertorian Wars"
        > > > I am seriously looking for graphics depicting
        > > Sertorius or Spain
        > > of 1CBC. Just published a
        > > > new novel, "The Sword Fighter," a story dealing
        > > with how an
        > > Hispanic Celt outwited the
        > > > Romans in Spain, 1CBC. I am interested in
        > > anything on Sertorius.
        > > I would like to participate
        > > > in group-authored book on lesser known important
        > > Roman military
        > > commanders; 20M words
        > > > on 10 personages, one each per author. "The Sword
        > > Fighter" is for
        > > sale, but I do not know
        > > > your requirements for approving these messages.
        > > Please advise.
        > > Richard M. Dorsey,
        > > > 562-696-4660, drdadv@

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Richard Dorsey
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
          Bingley Austen, this one worked, printed materials,
          thank you.
          Can you point me toward photos, illustrations, etc.,
          of Sertorius, or having to do with the peoples of
          Hispania during the 1CBC. Military History Magzine is
          in need of graphics to accompany an article which I
          have written on the Sertorian War, scheduled for their
          December issue.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • bingleyausten
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
            That's the only one I know of. You could google using Sertorius and
            the places of some of his battles as your keywords, using the google
            image function. If it helps he's known as Sertorio in Spanish. There
            may be more Spanish-language information on him.