Re: [Roman_History_Books] Re: Quintus Sertorius

  • Richard Dorsey
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 5, 2006
      People may contact me at drdadv@.... For a copy of the book,
      send me your mailing address.

      Richard.

      http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
      > > t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
      > >
      > > If not, go to this site:
      > http://www.archive.org/index.php and insert
      > > this address:

      http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
      > > in the box marked WayBackMachine.
      > >
      > > --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com,
      > "drdadv" drdadv@
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I have an article appearing in December issue
      > Military History
      > > Magazine, "Sertorian Wars"
      > > > I am seriously looking for graphics depicting
      > Sertorius or Spain
      > > of 1CBC. Just published a
      > > > new novel, "The Sword Fighter," a story dealing
      > with how an
      > > Hispanic Celt outwited the
      > > > Romans in Spain, 1CBC. I am interested in
      > anything on Sertorius.
      > > I would like to participate
      > > > in group-authored book on lesser known important
      > Roman military
      > > commanders; 20M words
      > > > on 10 personages, one each per author. "The
      > Sword Fighter" is for
      > > sale, but I do not know
      > > > your requirements for approving these messages.
      > Please advise.
      > > Richard M. Dorsey,
      > > > 562-696-4660, drdadv@

      > removed]

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Richard Dorsey
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 5, 2006
        "bingleyausten" No luck on the sites. Ancient Coin
        Market is a magazine currently published? You are
        stating that the article in question is no longer
        available on the (a) site. Which site? Nothing shows
        up on these:
        http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
        > t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html >
        http://www.archive.org/index.php >
        http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
        although I am going to save them. Military History
        Magazine wants photos they an use on my article about
        the Sertorian Wars. They can not find period or
        personal photos. I have nothing. Col. McCullogh has
        a drawing of QS, and that is it. If you have an
        address for P.O. Spann, I could try to contact him. I
        will be in Narni, Italy two weeks from now. Thank you
        for your assistance. Richard M. Dorsey, "The Sword
        Fighter" novelist, 562-696-4660

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • bingleyausten
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
          I see the problem. The link address was too long and got chopped in
          half. Try this one:
          http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z583216BD
          This is a link to an intermediate site. You may have to wait a few
          seconds to be taken to the real one.

          --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, Richard Dorsey
          <drdadv@...> wrote:

          > "bingleyausten" No luck on the sites. Ancient Coin
          > Market is a magazine currently published? You are
          > stating that the article in question is no longer
          > available on the (a) site. Which site? Nothing shows
          > up on these:

          http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
          > > t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html >
          > http://www.archive.org/index.php >
          > http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
          > although I am going to save them. Military History
          > Magazine wants photos they an use on my article about
          > the Sertorian Wars. They can not find period or
          > personal photos. I have nothing. Col. McCullogh has
          > a drawing of QS, and that is it. If you have an
          > address for P.O. Spann, I could try to contact him. I
          > will be in Narni, Italy two weeks from now. Thank you
          > for your assistance. Richard M. Dorsey, "The Sword
          > Fighter" novelist, 562-696-4660
          >
          > --- bingleyausten <bingleyausten@...> wrote:
          >
          > > There used to be an article on Sertorius on Ancient
          > > Coin Market,
          > > illustrated with coins minted by Sertorius and his
          > > opponents in
          > > Iberia. Unfortunately that article is no longer
          > > available on the
          > > site. However, it has been archived at the Internet
          > > Archive.
          > > Hopefully, this link will take you to the archived
          > > copy of the
          > > article:

          http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
          > > t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
          > >
          > > If not, go to this site:
          > > http://www.archive.org/index.php and insert
          > > this address:
          > >
          > http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
          > >
          > > in the box marked WayBackMachine.
          > >
          > > --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, "drdadv"
          > > <drdadv@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I have an article appearing in December issue
          > > Military History
          > > Magazine, "Sertorian Wars"
          > > > I am seriously looking for graphics depicting
          > > Sertorius or Spain
          > > of 1CBC. Just published a
          > > > new novel, "The Sword Fighter," a story dealing
          > > with how an
          > > Hispanic Celt outwited the
          > > > Romans in Spain, 1CBC. I am interested in
          > > anything on Sertorius.
          > > I would like to participate
          > > > in group-authored book on lesser known important
          > > Roman military
          > > commanders; 20M words
          > > > on 10 personages, one each per author. "The Sword
          > > Fighter" is for
          > > sale, but I do not know
          > > > your requirements for approving these messages.
          > > Please advise.
          > > Richard M. Dorsey,
          > > > 562-696-4660, drdadv@

          > http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Richard Dorsey
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
            Bingley Austen, this one worked, printed materials,
            thank you.
            Can you point me toward photos, illustrations, etc.,
            of Sertorius, or having to do with the peoples of
            Hispania during the 1CBC. Military History Magzine is
            in need of graphics to accompany an article which I
            have written on the Sertorian War, scheduled for their
            December issue.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • bingleyausten
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
              That's the only one I know of. You could google using Sertorius and
              the places of some of his battles as your keywords, using the google
              image function. If it helps he's known as Sertorio in Spanish. There
              may be more Spanish-language information on him.