Re: Quintus Sertorius

  • bingleyausten
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 4, 2006
      There used to be an article on Sertorius on Ancient Coin Market,
      illustrated with coins minted by Sertorius and his opponents in
      Iberia. Unfortunately that article is no longer available on the
      site. However, it has been archived at the Internet Archive.
      Hopefully, this link will take you to the archived copy of the
      article:

      http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
      t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html

      If not, go to this site: http://www.archive.org/index.php and insert
      this address: http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
      in the box marked WayBackMachine.

      --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, "drdadv" <drdadv@...>
      wrote:

      > I have an article appearing in December issue Military History
      Magazine, "Sertorian Wars"
      > I am seriously looking for graphics depicting Sertorius or Spain
      of 1CBC. Just published a
      > new novel, "The Sword Fighter," a story dealing with how an
      Hispanic Celt outwited the
      > Romans in Spain, 1CBC. I am interested in anything on Sertorius.
      I would like to participate
      > in group-authored book on lesser known important Roman military
      commanders; 20M words
      > on 10 personages, one each per author. "The Sword Fighter" is for
      sale, but I do not know
      > your requirements for approving these messages. Please advise.
      Richard M. Dorsey,
      > 562-696-4660, drdadv@...

    • lennep95
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2006
        Richard,

        I can't find your book at Amazon.com.

        Can you post the ISBN number please?

        Irene

        --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, "bingleyausten"
        <bingleyausten@...> wrote:

        > There used to be an article on Sertorius on Ancient Coin Market,
        > illustrated with coins minted by Sertorius and his opponents in
        > Iberia. Unfortunately that article is no longer available on the
        > site. However, it has been archived at the Internet Archive.
        > Hopefully, this link will take you to the archived copy of the
        > article:
        >
        > http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
        > t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
        >
        > If not, go to this site: http://www.archive.org/index.php and insert
        > this address: http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
        > in the box marked WayBackMachine.
        >
        > --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, "drdadv" drdadv@
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > I have an article appearing in December issue Military History
        > Magazine, "Sertorian Wars"
        > > I am seriously looking for graphics depicting Sertorius or Spain
        > of 1CBC. Just published a
        > > new novel, "The Sword Fighter," a story dealing with how an
        > Hispanic Celt outwited the
        > > Romans in Spain, 1CBC. I am interested in anything on Sertorius.
        > I would like to participate
        > > in group-authored book on lesser known important Roman military
        > commanders; 20M words
        > > on 10 personages, one each per author. "The Sword Fighter" is for
        > sale, but I do not know
        > > your requirements for approving these messages. Please advise.
        > Richard M. Dorsey,
        > > 562-696-4660, drdadv@

      • Richard Dorsey
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 5, 2006
          People may contact me at drdadv@.... For a copy of the book,
          send me your mailing address.

          Richard.

          --- lennep95 <irenesbooks@...> wrote:

          > Richard,
          >
          > I can't find your book at Amazon.com.
          >
          > Can you post the ISBN number please?
          >
          > Irene
          >
          > --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com,
          > "bingleyausten"
          > <bingleyausten@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > There used to be an article on Sertorius on
          > Ancient Coin Market,
          > > illustrated with coins minted by Sertorius and his
          > opponents in
          > > Iberia. Unfortunately that article is no longer
          > available on the
          > > site. However, it has been archived at the
          > Internet Archive.
          > > Hopefully, this link will take you to the archived
          > copy of the
          > > article:

          http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
          > > t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
          > >
          > > If not, go to this site:
          > http://www.archive.org/index.php and insert
          > > this address:

          http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
          > > in the box marked WayBackMachine.
          > >
          > > --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com,
          > "drdadv" drdadv@
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I have an article appearing in December issue
          > Military History
          > > Magazine, "Sertorian Wars"
          > > > I am seriously looking for graphics depicting
          > Sertorius or Spain
          > > of 1CBC. Just published a
          > > > new novel, "The Sword Fighter," a story dealing
          > with how an
          > > Hispanic Celt outwited the
          > > > Romans in Spain, 1CBC. I am interested in
          > anything on Sertorius.
          > > I would like to participate
          > > > in group-authored book on lesser known important
          > Roman military
          > > commanders; 20M words
          > > > on 10 personages, one each per author. "The
          > Sword Fighter" is for
          > > sale, but I do not know
          > > > your requirements for approving these messages.
          > Please advise.
          > > Richard M. Dorsey,
          > > > 562-696-4660, drdadv@

          > removed]

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Richard Dorsey
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 5, 2006
            "bingleyausten" No luck on the sites. Ancient Coin
            Market is a magazine currently published? You are
            stating that the article in question is no longer
            available on the (a) site. Which site? Nothing shows
            up on these:
            http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
            > t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html >
            http://www.archive.org/index.php >
            http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
            although I am going to save them. Military History
            Magazine wants photos they an use on my article about
            the Sertorian Wars. They can not find period or
            personal photos. I have nothing. Col. McCullogh has
            a drawing of QS, and that is it. If you have an
            address for P.O. Spann, I could try to contact him. I
            will be in Narni, Italy two weeks from now. Thank you
            for your assistance. Richard M. Dorsey, "The Sword
            Fighter" novelist, 562-696-4660

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • bingleyausten
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
              I see the problem. The link address was too long and got chopped in
              half. Try this one:
              http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z583216BD
              This is a link to an intermediate site. You may have to wait a few
              seconds to be taken to the real one.

              --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, Richard Dorsey
              <drdadv@...> wrote:

              > "bingleyausten" No luck on the sites. Ancient Coin
              > Market is a magazine currently published? You are
              > stating that the article in question is no longer
              > available on the (a) site. Which site? Nothing shows
              > up on these:

              http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
              > > t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html >
              > http://www.archive.org/index.php >
              > http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
              > although I am going to save them. Military History
              > Magazine wants photos they an use on my article about
              > the Sertorian Wars. They can not find period or
              > personal photos. I have nothing. Col. McCullogh has
              > a drawing of QS, and that is it. If you have an
              > address for P.O. Spann, I could try to contact him. I
              > will be in Narni, Italy two weeks from now. Thank you
              > for your assistance. Richard M. Dorsey, "The Sword
              > Fighter" novelist, 562-696-4660
              >
              > --- bingleyausten <bingleyausten@...> wrote:
              >
              > > There used to be an article on Sertorius on Ancient
              > > Coin Market,
              > > illustrated with coins minted by Sertorius and his
              > > opponents in
              > > Iberia. Unfortunately that article is no longer
              > > available on the
              > > site. However, it has been archived at the Internet
              > > Archive.
              > > Hopefully, this link will take you to the archived
              > > copy of the
              > > article:

              http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
              > > t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
              > >
              > > If not, go to this site:
              > > http://www.archive.org/index.php and insert
              > > this address:
              > >
              > http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
              > >
              > > in the box marked WayBackMachine.
              > >
              > > --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, "drdadv"
              > > <drdadv@>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I have an article appearing in December issue
              > > Military History
              > > Magazine, "Sertorian Wars"
              > > > I am seriously looking for graphics depicting
              > > Sertorius or Spain
              > > of 1CBC. Just published a
              > > > new novel, "The Sword Fighter," a story dealing
              > > with how an
              > > Hispanic Celt outwited the
              > > > Romans in Spain, 1CBC. I am interested in
              > > anything on Sertorius.
              > > I would like to participate
              > > > in group-authored book on lesser known important
              > > Roman military
              > > commanders; 20M words
              > > > on 10 personages, one each per author. "The Sword
              > > Fighter" is for
              > > sale, but I do not know
              > > > your requirements for approving these messages.
              > > Please advise.
              > > Richard M. Dorsey,
              > > > 562-696-4660, drdadv@

              > http://mail.yahoo.com

            • Richard Dorsey
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
                Bingley Austen, this one worked, printed materials,
                thank you.
                Can you point me toward photos, illustrations, etc.,
                of Sertorius, or having to do with the peoples of
                Hispania during the 1CBC. Military History Magzine is
                in need of graphics to accompany an article which I
                have written on the Sertorian War, scheduled for their
                December issue.

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • bingleyausten
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 6, 2006
                  That's the only one I know of. You could google using Sertorius and
                  the places of some of his battles as your keywords, using the google
                  image function. If it helps he's known as Sertorio in Spanish. There
                  may be more Spanish-language information on him.