Quintus Sertorius

  • drdadv
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2 8:38 AM
      I have an article appearing in December issue Military History Magazine, "Sertorian Wars"
      I am seriously looking for graphics depicting Sertorius or Spain of 1CBC. Just published a
      new novel, "The Sword Fighter," a story dealing with how an Hispanic Celt outwited the
      Romans in Spain, 1CBC. I am interested in anything on Sertorius. I would like to participate
      in group-authored book on lesser known important Roman military commanders; 20M words
      on 10 personages, one each per author. "The Sword Fighter" is for sale, but I do not know
      your requirements for approving these messages. Please advise. Richard M. Dorsey,
      562-696-4660, drdadv@...
    • bingleyausten
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4 6:54 PM
        There used to be an article on Sertorius on Ancient Coin Market,
        illustrated with coins minted by Sertorius and his opponents in
        Iberia. Unfortunately that article is no longer available on the
        site. However, it has been archived at the Internet Archive.
        Hopefully, this link will take you to the archived copy of the
        article:

        http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
        t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html

        If not, go to this site: http://www.archive.org/index.php and insert
        this address: http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
        in the box marked WayBackMachine.

        --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, "drdadv" <drdadv@...>
        wrote:

        > I have an article appearing in December issue Military History
        Magazine, "Sertorian Wars"
        > I am seriously looking for graphics depicting Sertorius or Spain
        of 1CBC. Just published a
        > new novel, "The Sword Fighter," a story dealing with how an
        Hispanic Celt outwited the
        > Romans in Spain, 1CBC. I am interested in anything on Sertorius.
        I would like to participate
        > in group-authored book on lesser known important Roman military
        commanders; 20M words
        > on 10 personages, one each per author. "The Sword Fighter" is for
        sale, but I do not know
        > your requirements for approving these messages. Please advise.
        Richard M. Dorsey,
        > 562-696-4660, drdadv@...

      • lennep95
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 4 7:52 PM
          Richard,

          I can't find your book at Amazon.com.

          Can you post the ISBN number please?

          Irene

          --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, "bingleyausten"
          <bingleyausten@...> wrote:

          > There used to be an article on Sertorius on Ancient Coin Market,
          > illustrated with coins minted by Sertorius and his opponents in
          > Iberia. Unfortunately that article is no longer available on the
          > site. However, it has been archived at the Internet Archive.
          > Hopefully, this link will take you to the archived copy of the
          > article:
          >
          > http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
          > t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
          >
          > If not, go to this site: http://www.archive.org/index.php and insert
          > this address: http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
          > in the box marked WayBackMachine.
          >
          > --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, "drdadv" drdadv@
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I have an article appearing in December issue Military History
          > Magazine, "Sertorian Wars"
          > > I am seriously looking for graphics depicting Sertorius or Spain
          > of 1CBC. Just published a
          > > new novel, "The Sword Fighter," a story dealing with how an
          > Hispanic Celt outwited the
          > > Romans in Spain, 1CBC. I am interested in anything on Sertorius.
          > I would like to participate
          > > in group-authored book on lesser known important Roman military
          > commanders; 20M words
          > > on 10 personages, one each per author. "The Sword Fighter" is for
          > sale, but I do not know
          > > your requirements for approving these messages. Please advise.
          > Richard M. Dorsey,
          > > 562-696-4660, drdadv@

        • Richard Dorsey
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 5 10:37 AM
            People may contact me at drdadv@.... For a copy of the book,
            send me your mailing address.

            Richard.

            --- lennep95 <irenesbooks@...> wrote:

            > Richard,
            >
            > I can't find your book at Amazon.com.
            >
            > Can you post the ISBN number please?
            >
            > Irene
            >
            > --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com,
            > "bingleyausten"
            > <bingleyausten@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > There used to be an article on Sertorius on
            > Ancient Coin Market,
            > > illustrated with coins minted by Sertorius and his
            > opponents in
            > > Iberia. Unfortunately that article is no longer
            > available on the
            > > site. However, it has been archived at the
            > Internet Archive.
            > > Hopefully, this link will take you to the archived
            > copy of the
            > > article:

            http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
            > > t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
            > >
            > > If not, go to this site:
            > http://www.archive.org/index.php and insert
            > > this address:

            http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
            > > in the box marked WayBackMachine.
            > >
            > > --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com,
            > "drdadv" drdadv@
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I have an article appearing in December issue
            > Military History
            > > Magazine, "Sertorian Wars"
            > > > I am seriously looking for graphics depicting
            > Sertorius or Spain
            > > of 1CBC. Just published a
            > > > new novel, "The Sword Fighter," a story dealing
            > with how an
            > > Hispanic Celt outwited the
            > > > Romans in Spain, 1CBC. I am interested in
            > anything on Sertorius.
            > > I would like to participate
            > > > in group-authored book on lesser known important
            > Roman military
            > > commanders; 20M words
            > > > on 10 personages, one each per author. "The
            > Sword Fighter" is for
            > > sale, but I do not know
            > > > your requirements for approving these messages.
            > Please advise.
            > > Richard M. Dorsey,
            > > > 562-696-4660, drdadv@

            > removed]

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Richard Dorsey
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 5 11:12 AM
              "bingleyausten" No luck on the sites. Ancient Coin
              Market is a magazine currently published? You are
              stating that the article in question is no longer
              available on the (a) site. Which site? Nothing shows
              up on these:
              http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
              > t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html >
              http://www.archive.org/index.php >
              http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
              although I am going to save them. Military History
              Magazine wants photos they an use on my article about
              the Sertorian Wars. They can not find period or
              personal photos. I have nothing. Col. McCullogh has
              a drawing of QS, and that is it. If you have an
              address for P.O. Spann, I could try to contact him. I
              will be in Narni, Italy two weeks from now. Thank you
              for your assistance. Richard M. Dorsey, "The Sword
              Fighter" novelist, 562-696-4660

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • bingleyausten
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 6 7:25 AM
                I see the problem. The link address was too long and got chopped in
                half. Try this one:
                http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z583216BD
                This is a link to an intermediate site. You may have to wait a few
                seconds to be taken to the real one.

                --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, Richard Dorsey
                <drdadv@...> wrote:

                > "bingleyausten" No luck on the sites. Ancient Coin
                > Market is a magazine currently published? You are
                > stating that the article in question is no longer
                > available on the (a) site. Which site? Nothing shows
                > up on these:

                http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
                > > t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html >
                > http://www.archive.org/index.php >
                > http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
                > although I am going to save them. Military History
                > Magazine wants photos they an use on my article about
                > the Sertorian Wars. They can not find period or
                > personal photos. I have nothing. Col. McCullogh has
                > a drawing of QS, and that is it. If you have an
                > address for P.O. Spann, I could try to contact him. I
                > will be in Narni, Italy two weeks from now. Thank you
                > for your assistance. Richard M. Dorsey, "The Sword
                > Fighter" novelist, 562-696-4660
                >
                > --- bingleyausten <bingleyausten@...> wrote:
                >
                > > There used to be an article on Sertorius on Ancient
                > > Coin Market,
                > > illustrated with coins minted by Sertorius and his
                > > opponents in
                > > Iberia. Unfortunately that article is no longer
                > > available on the
                > > site. However, it has been archived at the Internet
                > > Archive.
                > > Hopefully, this link will take you to the archived
                > > copy of the
                > > article:

                http://web.archive.org/web/20041025025346/http://www.ancientcoinmarke
                > > t.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
                > >
                > > If not, go to this site:
                > > http://www.archive.org/index.php and insert
                > > this address:
                > >
                > http://www.ancientcoinmarket.com/mt/mtarticle1/1.html
                > >
                > > in the box marked WayBackMachine.
                > >
                > > --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, "drdadv"
                > > <drdadv@>
                > > wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I have an article appearing in December issue
                > > Military History
                > > Magazine, "Sertorian Wars"
                > > > I am seriously looking for graphics depicting
                > > Sertorius or Spain
                > > of 1CBC. Just published a
                > > > new novel, "The Sword Fighter," a story dealing
                > > with how an
                > > Hispanic Celt outwited the
                > > > Romans in Spain, 1CBC. I am interested in
                > > anything on Sertorius.
                > > I would like to participate
                > > > in group-authored book on lesser known important
                > > Roman military
                > > commanders; 20M words
                > > > on 10 personages, one each per author. "The Sword
                > > Fighter" is for
                > > sale, but I do not know
                > > > your requirements for approving these messages.
                > > Please advise.
                > > Richard M. Dorsey,
                > > > 562-696-4660, drdadv@

                > http://mail.yahoo.com

              • Richard Dorsey
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 6 12:06 PM
                  Bingley Austen, this one worked, printed materials,
                  thank you.
                  Can you point me toward photos, illustrations, etc.,
                  of Sertorius, or having to do with the peoples of
                  Hispania during the 1CBC. Military History Magzine is
                  in need of graphics to accompany an article which I
                  have written on the Sertorian War, scheduled for their
                  December issue.

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • bingleyausten
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 6 4:34 PM
                    That's the only one I know of. You could google using Sertorius and
                    the places of some of his battles as your keywords, using the google
                    image function. If it helps he's known as Sertorio in Spanish. There
                    may be more Spanish-language information on him.