Re: [Roman_History_Books] An Interesting Book Review

  • jacklifton@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6, 2006
      Albert,

      I'm sorry that I didn't mention your very interesting, well written, and
      period-perfect novels, but they are set in a Rome far in the future from AD 69. To
      answer your question, I don't know who wrote the book the review of which
      started this thread, but I think that the review was in the Historical Novel
      Society publication called the Sole(a?)nder. In any case the original popular
      history book of this period that is good is 1989's "The Year of the Four Emperors"
      by Kenneth Wellesley, which now has a "new" introduction by Barbara Levick
      and was reissued in paperback in 2000 by Routeldge.

      Off topic-My "China Price Strategy" article's main theme was picked up by the
      Detroit News and published today by a journalist as entirely his own work.
      Who said that ..." imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"... I am
      flattered.

      Jack

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 6, 2006
        Jack,

        there is a novel I like: "Nero's Heirs" by Allan Massie. My review:
        http://romanhistorybooksandmore.freeservers.com/r_neroheirs.htm.