Livy e-text links: Corrections

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2000
      I tested my web pages and find that the Livy links from the University of
      Virginia as given are no longer accessible.

      Here is how you can get to them:

      1. via Ancient History Sourcebook: Rome: Republic and Empire
      http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/ancient/asbook3.html

      If you scroll down to Livy, you will find links to:
      Volume I [Books 1-5]
      Volume II [Books 6-10]
      Volume III [Books 21-25]
      Volume IV [Books 26-32]
      Volume V [Books 33-39]
      Volume VI [Books 40-45]

      2. via the Perseus Project
      http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/Texts/latin_TOC.html

      Livy, The History of Rome (books 1-10 so far) in English and Latin

      Starts at: Livy The History of Rome init.
      http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bin/text?lookup=Liv.+init.

      Not as easy to read as the other one, but has Latin text and Latin text with
      morphological links also available. You can search for specific sections by
      number once you are in the above page.

      I will make the corrections on the website as soon as possible.

      BTW, all of Livy is available in print as Pengiun Classics.

      Irene
      http://members.xoom.com/placida/