Book review of "Livy's Written Rome" by Mary Jaeger

  • Jim Bloom
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13 12:11 PM
      I see where Irene has cited the Bryn Mawr Classical review website,
      which is an excellent reference. I also want to direct the members'
      attention to HISTOS: The Electronic Journal of Ancient Historiography
      at Durham. All three of these journals thus far (1997, 1998 and 1999)
      are on line and free. This is full text, not abstracts. I thought
      I'd cite the review of a book on Livy since this is the
      current reading topic. For anyone who might not know what
      historiography is, it concerns the study of objects thrown at one
      another by ancient historians during conference Q&A sessions.

      I highly recommend the site. The main page can be accessed by
      deleted the "/1998/chlup.html" trailer on the following url, which
      is the book review mentioned above.

      http://www.dur.ac.uk/Classics/histos/1998/chlup.html