JSTOR Access Poll Information

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 22, 2006
      Hello all!

      In a recent post I referred to a scholarly article that was only fully available through JSTOR, http://www.jstor.org/.

      Since I may want to cite such articles in future blogging posts, I'd be interested to know how many of you have access to JSTOR.

      I can do so via my public library's website. The library is a subscriber to JSTOR, and I can log in with my library card number. I can print or download complete articles in PDF format, as long as they are for my personal use only.

      Those of you affiliated with universities should have access as a matter of fact.

      I do have created a poll to get a better handle on it.

      Thank you!

      Roman History Books and More (Blog)

    • nemesis eudaimonos
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 22, 2006
        How do I access the poll? I get jstor.

        N.S. Gill

        About Guide to Ancient/Classical History
        http://ancienthistory.about.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 22, 2006
          The poll was supposed to show up as e-mail.

          TO ALL:

          tyr this:

          If that does not work, you can vote by signing in to
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Roman_History_Books/ and click on Polls in the
          column at left.

          (I hope!)

          > About Guide to Ancient/Classical History
          > http://ancienthistory.about.com
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Beverly & Ian Jennings
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 22, 2006
            I have access to JSTOR. I've used it before and like it.

            Heloise

            Beverly & Ian Jennings
            E-mail: bjennings3@...

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 23, 2006
              Irene; I just sent you a separate e-mail at your opton.net site, did access the JSTOR site but can't find the poll to record it....
              Albert Noyer

              > About Guide to Ancient/Classical History
              > http://ancienthistory.about.com
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              Historical Fiction writing Writing book

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              Visit your group "Roman_History_Books" on the web.

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 23, 2006
                Albert, no need to access the poll, since tout told me already.

                It seems that when Yahoo! redisgned the forum site, something has gone wrong
                with the poll feature.

                TO ALL:

                You should be able to access the poll by going to either
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Roman_History_Books/ and click on "Polls" in
                the lefthand column, or directly to
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Roman_History_Books/polls;

                then click on the poll title.

                > Irene; I just sent you a separate e-mail at your opton.net site, did
                access the JSTOR site but can't find the poll to record it....
                > Albert Noyer

              • greg carroll
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 24, 2006
                  Hi Irene;