Re: Digest Number 846, Jack Lifton

  • lennep95
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 21, 2005
      I beg to differ on Lindsey Davis.

      Her books are not 'romance' and great fun to read. (Thankfully, I have not yet come across any ancient history related bodice rippers. If they are out there, I don't want to know...)

      In the same category fall the 'Marcus Valerius Corvinus' mysteries by David Wishart, although he tends to overdo the modern vernacular.

      We shouldn't discount entertainment in historical fiction.

      Irene