Re: [Roman_History_Books] A couple of suggestions

  • jacklifton@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2005
      I am a bit confused. I thought that the suggested books were to be limited
      to the period before, or the period of, the first century BC.

      And if that is so then why anyone suggested any of the large ouevre of
      historical military fiction about the Romans, i.e. Caesar to Vespasian through
      Iggulden, Dando Collins, and Scarrow, or Dando Collins? What about Quo vadis?
      What about Feuchtwanger's novels of Josephus?

      What are the rules?

      Jack Lifton

    • bingleyausten
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 13, 2005
        --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, jacklifton@a... wrote:

        > I am a bit confused. I thought that the suggested books were to be
        limited
        > to the period before, or the period of, the first century BC.
        >
        > And if that is so then why anyone suggested any of the large ouevre
        of
        > historical military fiction about the Romans, i.e. Caesar to
        Vespasian through
        > Iggulden, Dando Collins, and Scarrow, or Dando Collins? What about
        Quo vadis?
        > What about Feuchtwanger's novels of Josephus?
        >
        > What are the rules?
        >
        > Jack Lifton

        As far as I know our period is from the founding of Rome to the late
        5th century AD.