Re: [Roman_History_Books] Suggestions for Next Batch of Reading

  • ptobey@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2005
      Hi Jack,
      I know Meier's book is Caesar. I have it. The other to which I referred was
      a series by Conn Iggulden called the Emperor series\. The books are about
      Caesar's life as this author changed it to what he decided it would be, not as it
      was. He has Marcus Junius Brutus ( I forgot the Junius in my post), the one
      who was instrumental in the stabbing of Caesar on the Ides of Mars and son of
      Servilia , as his best friend in childhood. No referral to Cicero was meant.
      :-)
      Pam :-)

    • vlc2_sims
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 4, 2005
        --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, Irene Hahn
        <irenesbooks@o...> wrote:

        > Added to this:
        > David Anthony Durham: Pride of Carthage
        > I can't remember that we mentioned Baker's "Augustus".
        > More to come!
        >
        > Irene

        Added Durham to the list - I'll accumulate all the suggestions. I
        think I mentioned "Augustus" in passing when we were talking
        about "Sulla the Fortunate." Maybe one by Baker is enough for the next
        set of books.

        Vicki
        aka vlcroman