Re: Roman Blood - Rubicon

  • Mary Harrsch
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 15, 2005
      I've now read all of Saylor's novels and enjoyed them all immensely.
      I think my favorites are Catalina's Riddle and The Venus Throw. There
      were parts in "The Venus Throw" where I actually laughed out loud at
      Cicero, Clodia, and Clodius' antics. I had no idea just how accurate
      the depictions were until I read Cicero's Defense of Caelius. The book
      gives a very good insight into just how much of a circus the Roman
      courts actually were.

      --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, "Vicki Cline"